Thursday 1 July 2010

Queens Park Community School

Last night - 30th June 2010 the upper sixth form (well that's what we used to call it) at Queens Park Community School held their end of school party and awards celebration. Here are just some of them.

Amy Permaul is in the centre of the above image with her sister Ella next to her. You may recognise them from the January 2009 snow shoot in Roundwood Park. Inevitably my work crosses paths with my social life and it's so lovely to have a photographic archive of friends, colleagues and neighbours to look back on in years to come. Below is Ella again with her Dad Mark - another good friend whom I've known for over 20 years.


And finally this image is a real joy for me. I've known Beth since she was in primary school with my daughter who's a few years younger, but despite her loveliness she has remained one of the most cameraphobic people I've encountered.

With our commitment to displaying "nothing without consent" I knew that getting pictures of Beth that she approved would obviously require a very special set of circumstances or someone worth getting photographed with. This is Mizan. Obviously worth it methinks.

It was a lovely night of celebration and the school Jazz band played too. A full set of images are on our web site at QPCS gig and all profits go to the Queens Park Community School PTFA Registered charity - number 110069



No comments:

Post a Comment