Monday 4 April 2011

Laura & Kent's wedding

I've been photographing both Laura and Kent at events and other people's weddings for well over a decade now, so was very pleased when I was chosen to cover their wedding in Aston, just off the M1 motorway near Sheffield. The All Saints Church, where the ceremony took place was constructed in the 12th century and is mentioned in the Doomsday book. The Reverend Ian Jennings conducted the ceremony.



A selection of the images can be found on our web site at TPS Photos



The affection that Kent and Laura have for one another is so obvious to anyone who knows them, that I was quite surprised they took so long to decide to tie the knot. Regardless of the procrastination, everyone I spoke to said it was well worth the wait. I was briefly assisted by their son Ben (pictured above with dad).





Ben's sister Ruby decided to have a power nap after the group shot was over (others followed suit later and had to be woken up to witness the first dance, but I wont name names). Ruby was wide awake for the speeches though, chuckling above with dad. The speeches were really funny, but moving enough to ensure that Kleenex sale prices increased too. I managed not to sob myself on this occasion, but it's always a bit easier when I'm working.





The reception was held in the Aston Hall Hotel a stones throw away from the church (unless you're using GPS in which case it's a 10 minute drive!) I would like to wish Laura and Kent a long, fruitful and happy life together. As that's reliant on them getting on, I reckon they've already proved to everyone that my wish will be an easy one to come true. Congratulations and thanks again for including me on this fantastic day.

No comments:

Post a Comment