Sunday 26 June 2011

Kerry and Tam


This is Kerry Baigent (the one on the right in case you were guessing) with her dad Dave on the way to Taunton Register Office on Saturday 25th June 2011.


Waiting patiently for her arrival is the groom (left) Thomas McFarlane or Tam to most of his mates and best man George. This was our closest wedding to midsummers night this year, but the weather in the lead up to their big day was more than a bit disappointing. On the day of the solstice I wore a jumper at home I was so cold, but after an overcast start, the weather just kept getting better and better on Saturday.


Taunton has an excellent Park & Ride service, which is just as well because there's absolutely nowhere guaranteed for wedding photographers to park. The bus driver couldn't have been more helpful and she gave me directions to where I needed to be and the best place to wait for my return journey. Not only is parking quite restricted in Taunton, but space for a decent sized group shot at the register office is also somewhat limited as you can see from the above shot.

Thank goodness for the full frame of the Mk ii 1DS and 15-50mm zoom. This could be my last wedding using this though as I'm intending to upgrade to the Mark iii at the start of next month. Despite the obvious benefits of using decent kit (I'm not particularly evangelical about brands by the way - Nikon's array of cameras and lenses are spectacularly good as well) it's not the camera that determines the results of a shoot, but the person using them. Two photographers I have admired for years Jon Jenkins and Richard P Walton have never been particularly fussed about purchasing what some see as the next "must have" kit yet they have achieved Associate level of their craft by examinations and submissions and always leave my work looking somewhat flat in comparison. All the best photographers I know are overly self critical however, so I'm hoping I fall into that category too.

As always there's a much larger set of these images on the TPS Website. The best way to view these images is by clicking on the slideshow option. If you don't want the music that goes with it you can turn it off with a single click.


No comments:

Post a Comment